Friday, July 4, 2014

I like it, I really, really like it!




This recipe was something I wasn't going to write about.  Main reason--I didn't think it tasted especially good.  It was just "okay" to me when I first tried it.  That all changed however the day after I made this Coconut Lime chicken breast.  I don't know,  I guess the flavors were able to meld even more the next day and hence, so much tastier and definitely something to write home about!

This recipe incorporates some of my favorite ingredients, coconut milk, garlic, and ginger into a marinade that you soak the chicken breasts in overnight.  I added some freshly chopped chili for an extra kick, and also a dash of turmeric.  The recipe calls for chicken with skin-on but I used skinless and they still turned out fine.  I didn't have any cilantro for garnish so I used some fresh basil instead.
Very easy to prepare and another way to cook up that "boring" chicken breast you may have tucked away in your freezer.

Coconut Lime Chicken:
(from Nutrioulicious)

Ingredients
  • 2 packed tablespoons grated lime zest
  • ¼ cup lime juice (from 2 limes)
  • 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
  • 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
  • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 can (13.5 ounces) unsweetened, light coconut milk
  • 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin on
  • Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Instructions
  1. In a large glass bowl, combine lime zest and juice, ginger, garlic, sugar, cumin, curry powder, and soy sauce. Slowly whisk in coconut milk until mixture is smooth. Submerge chicken breast halves in marinade, making sure the marinade gets under the skin; cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 and up to 12 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and fit with a wire rack. Remove chicken from marinade and shake to remove excess. Arrange in a single layer on rack, skin side up. Roast until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees, 30 to 35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment