Monday, June 16, 2014

If you're craving crepes...

I have a place to recommend! It's in the city of Orange (that's Orange, CA), located in a mini strip mall and someplace I likely would have passed by had it not been for my niece's elementary school "graduation".  That's where we went for brunch last week, after the sixth grade ceremony.

As I'm typing this I realize I only took one picture of the food...my delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly crepe. I won't fret too much about this though since I  plan on going back very, very soon and will add more photos later!

The restaurant is very small yet cozy.  There's both indoor and outdoor seating and is situated next door to an H&R Block.  So, as you're getting your taxes done, you can grab a crepe and coffee!  What struck me most about the restaurant was the staff.  Very warm and friendly folks.  The lady who took our order had a French accent so I'm thinking, 'this has got to be the real stuff!'  You know, the kind of crepes you'd find in Paris?!  You order at the counter and then find yourself a seat.  We sat outside since the weather was so lovely that day.

The servers brought out our utensils, drinks, and food.  Again, very friendly and accomodating. 

Onto the crepe...
I found the crepe itself to be not too thin and not too thick...as Goldilocks would say, 'Just Right!'  The texture reminded me a little bit of injera, the Ethiopian "bread" that is a staple in their cuisine. Inside my crepe was a nice, even layer of creamy peanut butter and orange marmalade. The crepe was beautifully presented with a dusting of powdered sugar. By the way, the coffee was very good too!



Others in my party ordered more savory crepes...some filled with eggs, avocado, kale. My niece and nephew opted for some sweet flavors...Oreo cookies and vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce, for instance.

The prices here are very reasonable.  For a party of five, the total was around $45.00 and that included coffee, cappucino, and hot chocolate.

All in all, I would definitely make the trek down to OC for another crepe fix. I'm already thinking about which one I should order next...

The Crepeland
2279 N. Tustin Ave
Orange, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment