Saturday, September 13, 2014

Breakfast is probably my most favorite meal of the day.  There's just something extra satisfying about digging into something delicious after your body has had a chance to fast for several hours. Usually I wake up pretty hungry but this morning, because I knew I'd be meeting my friend at 10am to "break my fast", I decided to drink my usual black coffee with a dash of condensed milk and had some nuts and raisins to munch on.

I met my friend at a coffee shop called Hill Street Cafe in Burbank.  This place has got an old school feel to it with its cozy booths and very friendly staff.  The breakfast menu was pretty extensive but I zeroed in on what my body was craving: strawberry waffles topped with whipped cream,  eggs, and extra crispy hash browns (yes, I had a big appetite)!

The waffles were absolutely scrumptious--crispy and light with loads of fresh strawberries and just the right amount of whipped topping.  The hash browns and over-medium eggs were also excellent.  I washed everything down with their passion fruit iced tea...ahh...refreshingly good!




If you're ever in the Southern California area, head over to Burbank and the Hill Street Cafe. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

Hill Street Cafe
3301 N. Glenoaks Blvd
Burbank, CA






No comments:

Post a Comment