Thursday, September 18, 2014

Our Trip to Julian

The bulldogs and I recently visited the old mining town of Julian, CA.  I rented a dog-friendly cabin there and the boys had a blast exploring the almost 1 and a half acres of property.  A trip to Julian is not complete without trying out the apple pie there.  Julian is well known for their apple orchards, apple picking during the fall, and the apple desserts.

One morning we stopped by the Julian Bakery and I got a slice of boysenberry-apple crumble a la mode.  The a la mode part was half cinnamon ice cream, half vanilla.  YUM!!



Our second pie stop was to Mom's, also on Main Street.  My friend Deb had recommended this place to me so of course, I had to check it out.   I got the strawberry-rhubarb pie and also a caramel apple.



Here are some photos of Tate and Finn exploring the cabin grounds, and some shots of the gorgeous Julian scenery...







No comments:

Post a Comment