Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cookies for your best friend



Like most dogs, my two bullys love getting treats.   I try to keep their snacking to a minimum and  most of the time will give them wholesome foods like baby carrots, frozen green beans, or apple slices to munch on.  Every once in awhile though I do love baking them something special like these pup-cookies which by the way, they happily gobbled up!

The recipes comes from the Allrecipes website and are quick and easy to prepare.  You probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen.

One side note: If you have some fun, doggy cookie cutters then by all means, use them! I am still on the hunt for some myself, so for now, my heart shape cookie cutters will have to do.  Tate and Finn didn't seem to mind though.

Puppy Cookies:

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 whole eggs
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp salt (I forgot to put this in)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I omitted this)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit

Simply mix everything together in a large mixing bowl. Form the dough into a ball and place on a board to roll the dough out. You will need to add some extra white flour to the dough and the board as you roll the dough. Use cookie cutters to make shapes of your choice. (if dough gets sticky, wet your hands and it will be easier to work with).

Bake for approx. 30-35 minutes. Check cookies at 25 minutes as cooking times do vary with ovens and these can burn easily.

These can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week (in an airtight container).


No comments:

Post a Comment